Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HVLP: What Tips to Use for Shellac? Karl, Leon?

On 26 Mar 2017 02:13:00 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

wrote in
news

Just to finish up the story. I found the quick connect connectors.
Who wudda thunk they'd be garden hose connectors. Now all I need is
to do is play in HD for a while to come up with a reasonable adapter
from a hose thread to 1/4" NPT.

If you get stuck, I've pieced together such an adapter. I'd be willing
to disect it and give you an idea of what to look for. (Although, if I
recall it was a single trip to the store deal so it wasn't that hard.)

Thanks. I went to the Borg today and figured out a couple of ways of
doing it. It depends on how awkward the thing is, which way I go.

I was using mine to clear the water in the garden hose so I could leave
it outside when the weather was below freezing, but found I was better
off with a rapid reel hose reel that let me bring the hose inside the
garage.

I just let mine drain as I "roll" it up for the last time each season.
I'm sure there is still water in it but it doesn't stay out anyway
(one hibernates in the garage, the other in the basement).