Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Fun with scrap ( diamond coated stainless disks )

On Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 6:39:39 PM UTC-4, Clare wrote:

The problem up here is NONE of the "scrap yards" other than automotive
wreckerswill allow you in or allow you to buy ANY scrap out of the
yard. - sadly - because there is still a LOT of industrial scrap here.

My neighbor's brother use to work at the scrap yard so I had a bit of an in.. And then for at least the last three years , I have gone to a local grocery and bought a bunch of muffins, soft drinks, and what ever seemed appropriate and took it to the scrap yard on the last day before Christmas. This last Christmas I included 3 bottles of Irish whiskey. So they know me by my first name.

And I am pretty cautious when I am out in the yard. They have a bunch of mobile cranes, 18 wheel trucks and fork lifts.

But I have bought a reasonable amount of stuff there. Large Parker Vise, John boat, aluminum canoe, 2 ton cherry picker, some CO2 tanks.

Dan