Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Paki builders and terrible driving

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 18:13:11 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 26/03/17 16:00, F Murtz wrote:
Don't know about the UK but in AU the rule is not give way to the right
(bet it is the same as here) the rule is give way to vehicles already in
the roundabout.

Oddly enough, if they are heading your way and are on the roundabout
already, they are on your right.

Is there something in Australian beer?

I've been told by people who take the highway code too seriously that the
rule is the same for the UK - give way to vehicles already on the
roundabout. I've been a passenger in a car driven by such a person, who
pulled out in front of a car turning right at a mini roundabout and caused
the other car to slam on his brakes. My driver's words were "he wasn't on
the roundabout when I entered it". Cars go at different speeds, you
should give way to those on your right if they are going to end up in the
same position as yourself.

Very true. So why did you cross the dotted line when the spuriously
indicating car was almost in front of you? I bet the driver was thinking "he
wasn't on the roundabout when I entered it".
--
Dave W