Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default flytipping

In article ,
Tim Watts writes:
On 26/03/17 09:19, Brian Gaff wrote:
Its getting out of hand everywhere. In my view the reason is simple. If you
charge people for taking in their rubbish to a rubbish dump you in effect
are contributing to the fly tipping problem.
Brian

Another "unintended consequence" by a government lacking critical thinking:

1) 1995 - Sutton Council stuck skips everywhere every 6 months for
general use;

2) Some greenie says "we need to reduce landfill, let's not do that -
and make it so even small commercial traders cannot use most dumps and
if they use ones with a weighbridge, we'll charge a fortune";

3) Increase in flytipping;

4) Introduce waste transport certification to combat fly tipping;

Actually, that significantly reduced the number of lead acid
batteries recycled. They used to be carried back by the vans
delivering new batteries, but that became illegal, and they
each needed paperwork which cost money and many people found
wasn't worth the effort anymore.

5) No difference.

--
Andrew Gabriel