Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Bigmouthed Idiot

On Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 7:54:23 PM UTC-4, philo wrote:
On 03/25/2017 08:41 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/25/2017 8:45 AM, philo wrote:

To say that people can opt out of health insurance would be like saying
people can opt out of car insurance.

No one is going to go through life never having a health issue of some
sort. It's possible for someone to drive their whole life and never get
in a car accident.

If you have no health insurance (your choice) you can just go home and
die. If you crash into a car and injure 5 people, you are liable. You
do NOT have to insure your own car though.

All states either require one to have auto insurance or have a
verifiable money bond.

Not true. As pointed out previously, NH does not require
auto insurance or any bond.

Those who do not have health insurance don't usually opt to go home and
die, they simply do not pay their hospital bill. The hospital simply
puts their costs onto the bills of all the people who are insured.

And also on to taxpayers and those who are uninsured, but
able to pay their hospital bill for something like a trip
to the ER for some stitches.

I think everyone should have health insurance and the one exception
would be for those who have a money bond such as done in the states that
do not require insurance.

That would work for me. It's also an interesting idea to
confront the right wingers with. If you have a choice between
either having insurance or posting a bond to show that you
can cover yourself, would that be acceptable to them?

In the 38 years I was on my job, I took all of two sick days so
basically paid in for all those years and never took anything out.

I suppose I could have complained about it but as it turned our my knees
had to be replaced and my insurance paid for 95% of the bill which was
over $100k.

Another good example of what's driving up the cost of healthcare.
Decades ago, we didn't have $100K operations that greatly
improved people's quality of life. Back then, they took
pain killers and had to live with it. Yet, the simple
minded and dishonest pretend that there are simple, easy
solutions to escalating healthcare costs. Trump and the
GOP just found out how that works out.