Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default HVLP: What Tips to Use for Shellac? Karl, Leon?

On 3/25/17 7:28 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 00:10:21 -0700 (PDT), whit3rd
wrote:

On Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 6:27:00 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 02:58:07 -0700 (PDT), whit3rd
wrote:

On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 7:26:30 PM UTC-7, wrote:

]Speaking of HVLP, my gun has a quick-disconnect with a 1/2" ID
(~.54") and a .7" OD. ...Any idea where I can find the above connector and more
importantly, some way to convert between them?

BTW, it's an HVLP system, not LVHP. The hose is 3/4".

Only a few of them fit 3/4" hose: https://www.mcmaster.com/#6534k123/=16tgqhz
perhaps?

Just to finish up the story. I found the quick connect connectors.
Who wudda thunk they'd be garden hose connectors. Now all I need is
to do is play in HD for a while to come up with a reasonable adapter
from a hose thread to 1/4" NPT.

I have a can full of those things....

They seem to come with the spray attachment sets nowadays (the sets that
all seem to last only a year).

I use my compressor to flush the irrigation system yearly and use these
connects to attach to the hose bib. I found cheap brass garden hose
repair fittings at the local WallyWorld, this get you to a 5/8" hose
barb. From there I soldered on a 1/4" brass nipple to get to a 1/4" MPT,
much cheaper than finding an adapter, but you can easily get a hose
thread to 3/4" pipe adapter (brass) and downsize from there (at a cost).

-BR