Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default One for the washing m/c repairers

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
I was going to say, this sounds like either a very badly designed motor or
some malfunction has caused the scoring. I seem to recall mentioning this
once before on here when somebody found that the brush replacement still
intermittently gave error codes. Back in the day when I had a machine made
by Service, this exact same problem is what took it down. it also had
started to get dry joint issues all over the place and I thought getting
that all fixed would make it last, but it lasted three months till it
spluttered went bang and blew the fuses. Comutator basically knackered.

I suppose a washing machine is not monitored in the way a vacuum cleaner
or electric drill might be: allowing deterioration beyond that
anticipated by the motor design.

These particular brushes are able to travel and wear right down to the
point where the flexible conductor is fused to the carbon.

I am hopeful that the 30mA trip has protected the motor from serious
damage. We'll see:-)

--
Tim Lamb