Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Threading a cable in ceiling void from below

I always keep some fairly thick galvanised wire around for such things. Not
used it for its real use ie fixing garden fences for hears, but very handy
for hiding cables or fishing things out of inaccessible places.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"F" news@nowhere wrote in message
o.uk...
It looks as though I'm going to have to thread a thin, so very flexible,
cable into the ceiling void from below and then out again a couple of
metres further across. I've used a straightened coat hanger in similar
circumstances before but the current stock won't straighten to the
required distance.

I can't get at it from above, but at least the joists run in the right
direction for me.

So what's the best way to do it?