Posted to alt.home.repair
notX notX is offline

Default Interconnected smoke detectors - no circuit breaker?

On 03/25/2017 02:31 PM, noname wrote:
Home built in 2005. These are interconnected Fireex smoke detectors (I believe because they have a yellow wire connected to the red wire). All the breakers are marked, but I don't see one for the smoke alarms.

Now I was away on business and my wife had an alarm chirping and couldn't get it to stop so she literally in wired it while it was hot! Could have killed herself.

Problem is I want to rewire it and I don't know how to cut the power to it since there is no breaker.

Thoughts?

Put a breaker in, and do it during a power outage (try not to use one of
those non-trip breakers).