Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Switching gas supplier

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 11:48:24 -0000, tim... wrote:

Switching online is a doddle, we've done it several times. Only

takes
a minute or two using one of the comparison websites.

That only starts the process, your actual switch date will be about 3
weeks later, a week of which is your "cooling off period". Not as bad
as it was though, ISTR the first switch I did took 7 weeks.

We've never had a problem.

Niether had I until the one of the recent switches which is in the
process of being reversed.

Only twice so far, but the process is simple and easy.

Ten company changes, nearly as many tarrif chnages with the same
company.

you the lucky one

one attempt 9 months

another attempt (different address) 6 months

there should be automatic fines for these cock ups, but no they just
wash their hands of it and say "national database fault"

Funny you should mention "national database fault". That's the root
of the problem the suppliers are having with my latest switch. nPower
can't cope with having two supplies at one place when the postcode of
that place doesn't match the postcode in the national database for
either supply and the NDB address's have different first lines
(building names, no silly numbers around here). They closed the wrong
account and passed the wrong supply information to EBICO... *None* of
the EBICO paperwork has the MPAN or meter number on it. First I know
is when I get emails and final bill from nPower detailing the wrong
account/supply as closed...

1/2 hour call to EBICO and very helpful, *knowledgable* and able to
work without a script chap, managed to track down the supplies in the
NDB, see the cockup by nPower and suggest course of action. Reverse
the incorrect switch and start a fresh one for the correct supplies.
The EBICO site lists supplies properly ie the MPAN and meter number
but of course to get to them I had to enter the wrong post code and
enter a billing address to overide the incorrect address...

All three supplies we have have incorrect postcodes and first lines
in the NDB. When the dust settles I'm going to try and get them
corrected.

--
Cheers
Dave.