Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Threading a cable in ceiling void from below

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 21:32:53 +0000, charles wrote:

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 18:08:58 +0000, jim wrote:

F news@nowhere Wrote in message:
It looks as though I'm going to have to thread a thin, so very
flexible,
cable into the ceiling void from below and then out again a couple
of metres further across. I've used a straightened coat hanger in
similar circumstances before but the current stock won't straighten
to the required distance.

I can't get at it from above, but at least the joists run in the
right direction for me.

So what's the best way to do it?

Two coat hangers joined together?

Same objection as the measuring tape...although I have used that.
Better to use something insulated - top of trunking (as mentioned) or a
proper fish tape (look out for offers in Aldi, where I got mine).

Fish tapes are perhaso a bit too flexible for this.Better would be a set
of insulated rods - available from TLC.

Good point. I have those too!