Posted to alt.home.repair
Phuck Phuck & Phuck Attn at Law Phuck Phuck & Phuck Attn at Law is offline

Default vibrating pipes when any source is shut off.

On Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 2:43:01 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 09:06:19 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 6:14:08 PM UTC-4, Ricky J. wrote:

Have you called tech support at the manufacturer of the pressure
regulator? It would seem that is the device that has to throttle
the water and my first suspicion would be that as it's slowly
closing to limit the pressure, that's what's causing the vibration.
Was it from a reputable manufacturer or Chinese junk? Where is
the vibration located? Near the regulator? Even if it's not near
it, I would think it could still be the culprit.

Locating the vibrations is a good first step into finding the problem.
A mechanic or medical stethoscope is a handy tool. Perhaps a pipe
strap has loosened. Narrow the area more specifically to where the
noise is.

I have a PEX hot water line in the kitchen that "ticks" when hot water
is called; pipe expanding I guess. Not enough bother for me to go
into the wall under the sink to find out.

You need to be beaten to death with a baseball bat. Get the **** out of my country