Posted to comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default You probably don't know the answer but what allows WiFi scanning anyway?

In article ,
says...

Another expensive problem is camouflaged towers, which roughly doubles
the cost of the tower. Yet another is the time involved in crafting
local tower ordinances, no two of which are identical. I was involved
in the passage of the Santa Cruz CA county tower ordinance, which in
my never humble opinion was a giant mess. You really don't want to
know what is involved in making sausage and tower ordinances.
Incidentally, we were saved by the local coastal commission. They
took our best efforts, cleaned it up dramatically, and actually
produced a readable and workable ordinance. Other cities and counties
often use the time needed to create such ordinance as a way of
delaying the introduction of new towers.

Riding down the interstate today and saw a cell tower made to look like
a tree. It seemed to be about 100 feet or more tall. The top 1/3 or so
had some fake tree things on it to look like a pine tree. Real funny
looking as it was about 50 feet or more taller than any trees around it.

It would have been less noticable if it had just the cell antennas on it
instead of the fake tree top.