Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Threading a cable in ceiling void from below

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 18:08:58 +0000, jim wrote:

F news@nowhere Wrote in message:
It looks as though I'm going to have to thread a thin, so very
flexible,
cable into the ceiling void from below and then out again a couple of
metres further across. I've used a straightened coat hanger in similar
circumstances before but the current stock won't straighten to the
required distance.

I can't get at it from above, but at least the joists run in the right
direction for me.

So what's the best way to do it?

Two coat hangers joined together?

Same objection as the measuring tape...although I have used that. Better
to use something insulated - top of trunking (as mentioned) or a proper
fish tape (look out for offers in Aldi, where I got mine).

Fish tapes are perhaso a bit too flexible for this.Better would be a set of
insulated rods - available from TLC. My suggestion of a measuring tape was
based on the fact that I've done it myself many times and I thought the OP
didn't want to spend much.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England