Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fitting skirting

On 25/03/17 18:23, Andy Burns wrote:
New oak flooring fitted, old skirtings removed first so that 12mm
expansion gap is covered by new 20mm oak skirting, rather than quarter
beading.

Internal corners nicely scribed, only one external mitred corner, walls
are about half and half brick/block vs stud/plasterboard.

Would you

a3) Fix with screws and rawlplugs, use plug cutter to cover countersunk
screws with plugs made from offcuts?

This ^^^

Use stainless or brass screws - if iron ones gets damp (OK unlikely
indoors) it can stain oak.

It's what I did and it did allow me to pull the skirting into the curves
a bit - and contrary to some opinion, that looks fine to me.