Posted to rec.woodworking
notbob notbob is offline

Default What is this old car, with rounded shell, inch thick woodinterior?

On 2017-03-25, J. Clarke wrote:

OK, so tell us what changed in the laws of
physics that resulted in the 1970 350 Corvette
having 370 horsepower the same engine in 1981
producting 190 horsepower.

Emission controls?

ALSO! ppl's laziness!

I usta have an '87 Honda Civi Hatchback (SI). No power anything! Not
seats, not windows, not mirrors. The car weighed in at under 1500 lbs
and was considered pretty hot on the stock race circuit. By '93, the same
model had electric everything. Weighed almost twice as much. Sure,
engine performance had improved. Unfortunately, so has ppl's sloth!

Also, '70 Vettes were pigs! I read, somewhere, an early Stingray had
a chassis that weighed more than a Cadillac's. True? I have no idea,
but know from first-hand-experience, both my step-father's Stingray's
('63, '65) were lead-balloon pigs!

nb