Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default woodworking friends

On 3/25/2017 11:24 AM, notbob wrote:
On 2017-03-25, wrote:

The group of people (in general) making the most money and with
fewest expenses are charged less than everyone else.

You must not have been a senior for very long!

I find my expenses going up, every day. Medical, food, fuel, cost of
living, etc, and now I'm on a fixed income.

WTF state do you live in!?

nb

Depends on the age bracket. At 55 to 68 I had my highest income years.
At 68 I chose to reduce my work time and since retired. By 60 the house
was paid for and no debt except a voluntary car payment since I choose
to buy new cars every few years.

Cost of living increases have been modest, fuel is holding low, even
food prices have not been too bad. I did fix my income too. If I knew
when I was going to die I could adjust accordingly though.

As krw noted, other expenses have gone down. No kid's education, school
clothes, we have every appliance we will ever need, we only have one car
now. I can afford to go out to dinner more now than when I was in my
30s or 40s.