Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

Default Significance of blue coloured SATA connector on Gigabyte mobo?

On 25/03/2017 12:24, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 12:03:05 +0000, MM wrote:

I've been given an old tower computer with a Gigabyte motherboard. It
has four SATA sockets, labelled 0, 1, 2 and 3.

SATA socket #0 is coloured blue, the other three are black.

Is there any significance to the blue one, other than it is SATA-0?

I don't have a manual for this mobo and haven't been able to locate one
on the internet yet. It's a very old mobo, circa 2006, but it still
goes! Seems a shame to junk it.

Often, that's a 6Mb/s port. Still works normally.

What he said
Gigabyte are pretty good at having old manuals on their site though,
should be there somewhere