Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Paki builders and terrible driving

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 21:48:48 -0000, Dave W wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 19:51:59 -0000, Graham.
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 15:08:18 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

Watch the car entering the roundabout on the right in the video.
https://youtu.be/6SdiecgdZlI

He indicates left then goes straight ahead. I drove towards him and
pressed the horn. The wife **** herself as you can see in the still
image below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg8dnwd8el...ek%21.jpg?dl=0

You really need to read the Highway Code. A nearside indicator is the
correct signal to show when exiting a roundabout regardless of how
far round the roundabout you have driven.

The highway code is only a guide and often wrong.

If I turn right at something like this, I indicate left to tell people
coming from where I'm exiting that I've finished my right turn and am
not
going right round:
https://goo.gl/maps/uZrwFGZF1BF2

But at a mini roundabout, indicating left to go straight ahead is simply
going to mislead other drivers, as there's too short a time between each
exit. Barely enough time for one flash. If you go straight ahead, you
tell everyone so by not indicating at all, just as you would at a
crossroads.

Are you one of those IAM type folk who indicate right to pass a parked
car? I've actually seen a pedestrian cross the road in front of them
thinking they're turning right into a side road. Never indicate unless
it's clear what you mean.

It wasn't the nearside indication that was wrong, it was that he
started to indicate far, far too early, he should have shown no
indicators until he had passed the exit where the white van joined.

No, he left it on.

But whatever the reason, his indicator said he was going left, which he
didn't.

Isn't that a one-way street you're coming out of, and maybe a no-entry
sign
so the accused car couldn't have turned into your road anyway?

No, it's a mini roundabout with three normal two way roads. What made you
think otherwise?

Besides, even if it was a one way road, he shouldn't indicate into it.

Probably your camera making it look as if the road was only wide enough for
one car, and cross-hatching to your right.
--
Dave W