Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Power switch is erratic on receiver

On Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 9:13:17 AM UTC-4, Chuck wrote:

The Citation 16 is a brute of an amp. A speaker company I worked for
used them to test our speaker designs. One night a guy broke into our
factory and grabbed one of our 16s. The cops were chasing his car up
a steep hill and the amp fell out of the passenger door and rolled
down the hill. The outside damage was horrendous. We plugged it in
and it worked!

The 19 is no slouch either. Same basic philosophy, two monoblocks in the same box sharing an on/off switch.

I got both my examples for pocket change - but at different times - as they both displayed the same problem - intermittent left channel.

Whatever else HK did and used with these amps, the input jacks were perhaps the cheapest they could fine, and I think that they may have specified crap directly as I could not find after-market devices of the same wretched quality.

In any case, replaced the jacks and rewired the inputs and all has been well since. Since that time, I have repaired two other 19s with the same problem.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA