Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Chainsaw

On 3/22/2017 4:57 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 08:35:34 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I have one of the big axes already but never used it. Gave it a 2 min try just now and it worked a treat. Much better and easier than I had anticipated. Now I know what I am doing this weekend. Thanks all.

if your hands are not used to manual work wear some gloves , blisters
are easily come by.
You will also find why fire wood warms you twice, 1 st when you cut or
chop it 2nd when you burn it.

G.Harman

+1 for gloves, I like the knitted ones with just the fingers and palms
dipped in rubber, keeping the backs clear to reduce sweating.

and warms you a third time loading it into bags, carting it indoors, and
stacking in the inglenook around the wood-burner.