Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Benderthe.evilrobot Benderthe.evilrobot is offline

Default Power switch is erratic on receiver

"Chuck" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 12:19:14 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Funny thing about this. As one who focuses primarily on legacy equipment I
own one KLH Table Radio.
I own six (6) sets of AR speakers, all from the Teledyne days, all in
active service from 3as through Athenas. I also own one-each of their
amps, receivers and tuners.
I own an Advent 500 SoundSpace control and a 100A dual-Dolby unit (matched
to my Revox A77).
I own a pair of ADS speakers out on loan.
I own three pairs of Koss headphones, including their electrostatics.
Other equipment in the inventory includes:

Revox A77, A720 & 722, B225, B215, B290
Harman Kardon Citation 16, 17, 18 & 19, ST7, ST8, HK2000 Cassette.
And several shelves of Dynaco tube and solid-state.
Main speakers are Maggies.
Multiple Sony Changers, 200 & 5 disc, all from thrift-shops.

So apart from the Revox, Sony and the HK2000, everything is from the US
and from 'back in the day'. Much of it via dumpster-dives, and purchasing
repair-shop leavings as my eyes and ears have always been larger than my
wallet. I did drive 1,200 miles round-trip for the Maggies, however, after
a friend auditioned them in-situ. The price was that good. They are truly
worth it.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

The Citation 16 is a brute of an amp. A speaker company I worked for
used them to test our speaker designs. One night a guy broke into our
factory and grabbed one of our 16s. The cops were chasing his car up
a steep hill and the amp fell out of the passenger door and rolled
down the hill. The outside damage was horrendous. We plugged it in
and it worked!

Years ago some item of consumer electronics was reportedly rescued from the
rubble after a gas explosion destroyed a block of flats, the fact it still
worked was why it made the news.

Too long ago to remember details, but it might have been a stereo
amplifier - not a clue about make or model.