Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_19_] Muggles[_19_] is offline

Default Portable AC platform

On 3/23/2017 11:27 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 12:14:55 -0400,
wrote:

Asking for advice and help with a home project is totally 'on topic'
here, and even if I don't know how to do everything other people can do,
at least I try to build something that is designed to meet the need I'm
asking about.

You're no help at all.

The condensate pump is NOt put inside the unit. It is put in the
drain pan so you don't need to empty it, or in many cases just
connected to the drain. It has a small reservoir, and when it gets
full it starts the pump. When it gets empty it shuts the pump off.
They are used extensively on furnace mounter AC units and on
condensing furnaces.

furnace unit like:
http://www.globalindustrial.ca/p/hva...FQuPaQoddLIO2w
or:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Little-Gi...4401/204264949

AC unit like:
http://www.globalindustrial.ca/p/hva...FQuPaQoddLIO2w
I'm sure you can afford the one from Home Despot - it's , I believe,
the same on as from Global industrial at half the price.

ok I hadn't looked into those before, but will. Thanks!

--
Maggie