Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Portable AC platform

On Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 10:40:15 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

This is so typical. Here you are talking about using a commode when
one of the first posts gave you an excellent, easy, solution:

Gf "Why not just add a small condensate pump and send the water down a
drain somewhere? "

You: "I don't know how I'd do that, but it sounds like a good idea."

So, you're too lazy to google a bit, educate yourself, figure out
what he recommended, which is so simple a child could do it.
Instead you prefer an endless thread of more BS. The village idiot
rides again and this time, you're riding the commode.

I'm not mechanical, and I don't know how to open up a portable AC unit
and tinker with it by adding a pump to it.

You don't need to open it up, it's not added inside the AC unit.
But you'd know that if you just used google to look at a condensate
pump instead of yacking about commodes.

That involves needing to know
about things I've never done or seen done,

We call that learning. If you're limiting yourself to what you already
know, why are you asking how to do it here?

plus, it involves needing to
have some knowledge about electricity, pumps, and the guts of an AC unit
(what to mess with and what not to mess with). PLUS, I don't want to
drill any holes in my house just so I can drain the water to the
outside. That's just not a good idea.

The let it continue to overflow or add Claire's commode to it,
which will eventually overflow too.
Let's see, what would sensible people prefer? A small drain
hose going to outside or a drain so that it never has to be
emptied? Or a commode sitting in their living space?

I DO know how to work with wood, power tools, screws, various hardware,
and stuff related to building things. So, I built a scrap wood platform
high enough to allow space enough to put a bucket under it, AND sturdy
enough to hold the weight of a heavy portable AC unit. THEN I put a
plastic liner in it that I inserted a drain plug into the center of it.

So, WTF is the problem then?

Asking for advice and help with a home project is totally 'on topic'
here, and even if I don't know how to do everything other people can do,
at least I try to build something that is designed to meet the need I'm
asking about.

You're no help at all.

--
Maggie

Then by all means go with Claire's commode, because you know how
that works and a simple condensate pump is too overwhelming.
Good grief!