Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Amazon return follow up

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 04:08:52 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 10:34:24 AM UTC-4, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 03/22/2017 05:45 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

[snip]

Amazon issues the refund regardless of when you ship the return.
He would have gotten the refund at the exact same time if he'd
waited until the next day to ship it.

Cindy Hamilton

That happened to me. I returned a defective power bank, and got the
refund (as Amazon gift card) the same day. They couldn't have gotten the
package yet.

But they could have gotten the scan info from the shipper.

BTW, most of the stuff I get from Amazon is sent USPS (or other carrier
transferred to USPS). The power banks could only be UPS. I can get to a
UPS drop box easier than to the Post Office.

Do you recall if they had time to pick up and scan the package before you got the refund?

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"If reason don't 'splain it, disdain it!"

The defective and return rate is so high they don't question. I've
had defective stuff off ebay and they just tell me to scrap it and
give me my refund or ship me a new one. Not worth the shipping to
return it.