Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_19_] Muggles[_19_] is offline

Default Portable AC platform

On 3/22/2017 8:15 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 18:04:31 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

At the time we bought them, we couldn't find a better choice for the
price we could afford that didn't require heavy lifting, too. I can't
do the heavy window unit thing, and neither can my husband. So, an AC
with wheels that was portable was a good choice. They do keep the house
nice and cool, I just had to find a solution for the excessive
condensation issue.

You Okies can't run an evaporative cooker, a swamp cooler? They work
wonders in less the 45% humidity. Never mind. Okies.

I don't know how to set up or use a swamp cooler. We've only had window
units for AC and one of those bit the dust, so I bought 2 portable AC
units that work fine. I can't lift window units, but I can move a
portable AC on wheels.

--
Maggie