Posted to comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default You probably don't know the answer but what allows WiFi scanning anyway?

In article ,
says...

The obvious solution is to have two or four.

Nah, too much stuff to buy and maintain.
My cellphone (flipphone) is just a phone, and that is all I really need
to have with me. But if I want to use a WIFI, I have to plan in advance
and bring my laptop with me. That's not always convenient, but it works.
Besides that, owning a smartphone is too costly for my budget. I mostly
just have a cellphone for emergency calls, but it does come in handy to
call businesses to see if they have what I need, or if they are open,
(when I am not home). But a prepaid cellphone is fairly cheap as long as
the calls are short, whereas a contract for a smartphone is costly,
especially when they allow for enough data to actually watch videos or
spend considerable time shopping ebay or something like that.

For a smart phone, check out Republic wireless. About $ 15 a month for
one plan. You get unlimiated talk and text. When around wifi you get
free wifi data. If you are in a bind and really need the internet when
there is no wifi around you can instantally switch plans and then back
to basic later.

I got lucky and got in on some of the first of it and have the plan for
$ 10 per month.

I find I use my smart phone to keep up the the apointments I have. One
thing that almost makes it pay for its self is the Walmart money back
app. Take a pix of the bar code and a few dys later Walmart will check
to see if any other store has a cheeper price. If so you get the
difference. I usually save about $ 2 or more per week on a $ 200
grocery bill.

https://republicwireless.com/cell-phone-plans/