Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default age

In article ,
Bob Eager writes:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 21:57:40 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

On 21/03/2017 17:59, Roger Mills wrote:
On 21/03/2017 16:46, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 21/03/2017 15:54, Bill Wright wrote:

The young are the ones with the cranky attitudes. The reason being
that they're brainwashed.

I'm 68. Is anyone here younger than me?

Almost everyone I shouldn't wonder.

Although there used to be an "older lady" here that used to gripe
about her grumpy/useless husband and his DIY.... She was called
Florence or Ethel, or Mildred or some such other. Last heard of
chopping down a cherry tree and chasing her chickens around the yard
IIRC...

You mean Mary Fisher, aka "oldhenwife" - who always referred to her
other half as "spouse". Haven't seen her lately.

Bill is certainly not the oldest at 68 - I can give him 6 years - and
I'm sure there are lots older than me. As others have said, usenet
probably doesn't appeal to the younger generation.

I have been posting here since I was in my 30's!

I've been on Usenet since I was 31 (in 1982).

1985 for me - we had a dial-up uucp connection to Sun Microsystems
(who weren't much known back then) and some Sun newgroups were
passed to us. I became aware of some unix and C newsgroups, and
we got those on an ad-hoc basis from someone at Sun on tapes in
the post (which was how much of usenet transmission around the
world worked at that time). They were read-only at that point by
virtue of us not ever sending any tapes back.

--
Andrew Gabriel