Posted to comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless
nospam[_3_] nospam[_3_] is offline

Default You probably don't know the answer but what allows WiFi scanning anyway?

In article ,
wrote:

It's been almost 2 years since I bought that Android notebook. It's been
in the closet for well over a year now. So, it's hard to remember what
all the quirks were. I bought it because I need to use a WIFI spot
regularly (only dialup at home). I dont like leaving my laptop computer
in the car because it can get damaged, since there is not place to sit
it in the car where it's safe. But that notepad fits in the glove box
and was pretty safe there. The other reason I bought it was so I always
had a camera handy.

What I do remember is that I found it would connect to the WIFI, but the
browser was not easy to use.

what about it wasn't easy?

I found I could install something more
familiar (Firefox), but doing the installation was something I could not
figure out. Its not just a matter of downloading it and running the
installer, (like in Windows).

it's actually easier to install apps since there is no installer. you
just download the app directly from the play store.

I did fight with it and managed to watch
some youtube videos. Saving them was not possible, like it is with
Firefox. When I did save something and wanted to copy it to computer,
that again was near impossible.

not only possible, but fairly easy.

Then came the camera. The stupid thing was only for selfies. I have
absolutely no need for that. I turned it around and without seeing what
I was shooting, I snapped some pics of my yard, in good light. The pics
were absolutely horrid, grainy and lousy.

use the camera on the back, not the front.

The other thing I remember was that since it'sd owned by Google, I was
constantly having google trying to get me to download games. I dont play
games at all, and that was very annoying.

google doesn't own your tablet.

Overall, it was a waste of money. I should list it on Craigslist and get
what I can for it. I just went back to what I have always done. Take my
laptop to town when I want to use WIFI, and keep my digital camera in my
glove box. I also have an inverter so I can connect my laptop to the car
battery to charge the battery.

I dont care if XP is not supported. It works, works well, and personally
I would not even want any of Microsoft's newer bloated operating
systems. I know Windows 10 is filled with MS spyware, but it seemed to
me that Android was filled with google spyware too.

oh, so you're a troll.