Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default confessions of a small engine hitman

On 3/22/2017 11:27 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Jack writes:
On 3/21/2017 1:17 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Jack writes:

Yeah, and California has statements cancer warnings plastered on
everything. Doesn't make it true.

Only on substances that are known to the medical world to cause
or influence the progression of cancer or other adverse conditions.

Like if I eat my plastic flashlight I might eventually develop cancer?

Go ahead and eat it. I don't give a **** what you do. I do wish
to have all the information available to me so I can make an informed
choice.

Please cite a flashlight that comes with a prop 65
warning.

Can't, I never heard of prop 65. I, thankfully, don't live in the land
of fruits and nuts.

If you can, which I find unlikely, you'll find that, just
perhaps, the plastic may contain Bisphenol A.

Regardless of what it contains, I had no plans on eating a flashlight.

From the Mayo Clinic:

"Some research has shown that BPA can seep into food or beverages
from containers that are made with BPA. Exposure to BPA is a concern
because of possible health effects of BPA on the brain, behavior and
prostate gland of fetuses, infants and children. Additional research
suggests a possible link between BPA and increased blood pressure."

It is about the consumer
having enough information to make informed choices.

No, it's about hand wringing fools assuming stupid stuff, and plastering
dire warnings on everything in site.

I can cite a site that is quite a sight.

You may
discount the evidence at will, nobody is forcing you to read
the notice.

The problem of course is after a few million stupid, misleading warning
labels, no one pays any attention to them, so if one is actually true,
it is ignored.

Feel free use all the lead pipe you want for
your drinking water - clearly there isn't any problem with it
in Pennsylvania - Lead must work differently there than everywhere
else.

WTF are you going on about?

You're the one that brought up prop 65.

Never bought up prop 65, don't even know, or want to know what it is.

16 plus small engines over 60 years w/o stabilizer, 3 rather new, w/o
nary a problem is hardly a single anecdote.

Actually, it is by definition.

I guess it depends on what your definition of is is, or it is, or
something equally ridiculous...

Could it be you ignored the warnings of eating too much lead?

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com