Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default confessions of a small engine hitman

On 3/22/2017 8:18 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
"J. Clarke" writes:
In article ,
says...

Jack writes:

Yeah, and California has statements cancer warnings plastered on
everything. Doesn't make it true.

Only on substances that are known to the medical world to cause
or influence the progression of cancer or other adverse conditions.

The trouble is that according to the state of
californica just about every substance known to
man is "known to the medical world to cause or
influence the progression of cancer or ther
adverse conditions".

I mean in the real world how many people have
gotten cancer from electrical cords?

In over thirty years living in California, I've never seen
an electrical cord with a prop 65 notice. I have seen
brass plumbing fittings which are alloyed with lead marked
with the prop 65 notice.

Ahhh. That explains brass hose fittings and garden sprinklers. Thanks!

I also have wondered if the chemicals/lubricants used in the
manufacturing could cause cancer for the factory workers, and was a
warning that the manufacturing of the product was the problem, not
necessarily to the end user.