Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Amazon return follow up

On 03/22/2017 01:54 AM, Micky wrote:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:55:00 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:02:11 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

There was a recent thread asking about returns to Amazon. Had my first
experience with an item I bought a week ago. It broke, so I decided to
return it. Talk about easy.

8:30 PM went on line and set up the return
8:45 PM printed out the label
11:00 AM Packed up the product in the same box
11:45 AM Dropped package at a local UPS store. in and out in seconds
2:45 PM Received a text and email telling me the refund has been issued

Wow. Was there an amazon agent sitting at the UPS store?

In effect. The parcel gets checked in, Amazon gets notified. The USPS
can offer a similar service. A few years back the USPS expedited Netflix
mailers. When that got shut down after another video service complained,
Netflix went to Plan B. When the return DVD mailer is scanned in,
Netflix is notified. In other words, as soon as the DVD hits the PO,
Netflix knows it is coming back and sends another DVD without waiting 3
days for it to physically arrive.