Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT USA check in foreign denomination

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 09:15:22 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 09:41:35 +0200, Micky
wrote:

My friend's grandson is graduating highschool this year and I wanted
to give him a present. But he has 4 siblings and I won't be here for
their graduations. I also forgot to bring my checkbook for my checking
account or my savings account.
When I get home can I mail them a USA check made out in Danish Crowns?
Or does it have to be dollars and the bank where they cash the check
will convert it to crowns for them.
Is there a financial advantage to me, either way?
I don't think so, but I think it would look nicer and they would
appreciate it if there check mer made out in Crowns.

If your money resides in an old-fashioned financial institution that
still has nice people, behind the counter - ask them.
When I transferred some gift-money to my three grown children,
I bought "bank drafts" - similar to a certified cheque - my
bank even waived the fee - as a goodwill gesture. $ 7.50
Mine were not a foreign currency but I suspect that would be
possible.
John T.

Thank you all for your ideas. They're all good ones.

If I can, I'll let you know what happens.