Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Switching gas supplier

On 22 Mar 2017 13:22:08 GMT
Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 12:30:42 +0000, Davey wrote:

I have a flat, which is used as occasion arises, ie not regularly,
but when we or friends or family need it. The heating is switched
on all the time, at a sensible maintenance temperature. The gas
supplier is currently British Gas. It is renewal time, and they
have offered a Fixed Tariff, which could save some money if gas
prices change.

Looking at options on a comparison website, I can make substantial
savings by switching supplier, to either Bristol Energy, Greenstar
Energy, or PFP Energy. I called British Gas to ask about them
matching these lower prices, and they don't do that, but suggested
that I research the other companies before jumping to one of them.
So does anybody here have any experience, good or bad, of any of
these suppliers? It's a fair question, I don't know how the website
Service Ratings are calculated, but Bristol Energy is pretty low.
The only one I have even heard of is PFP.

Useful comments welcomed.

Worth looking at the moneysavingexpert site. They give details of
user surveys on customer service, etc. Not always useful as the
sample sizes are sometimes small, but worth a look.

Thanks, I'll take a gander.

--
Davey.