Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default age

On 22/03/2017 10:46, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 21:58:32 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

(*) I once compared how much formating and "eye candy" came down

with
10 1 kB of messages on a fairly plain web forum. Well over 100
kB...

Much of the bulk is not only advertising, and analyic data for the

forum owner, but huge complex tracking operations by google and

others
to link up your various online activities and log them.

Running "NoScript" can reduce that quite a bit.

Reduces the tracking but you still have to download it.

I get the impression it blocks some of the tracking scripts before
download as well - so reduces the volume of stuff transferred.

--
Cheers,

John.