Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Amazon return follow up

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:55:00 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:02:11 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

There was a recent thread asking about returns to Amazon. Had my first
experience with an item I bought a week ago. It broke, so I decided to
return it. Talk about easy.

8:30 PM went on line and set up the return
8:45 PM printed out the label
11:00 AM Packed up the product in the same box
11:45 AM Dropped package at a local UPS store. in and out in seconds
2:45 PM Received a text and email telling me the refund has been issued

Wow. Was there an amazon agent sitting at the UPS store?

This is my first return in 15 years but it was an easy experience. Oh,
I'm also watching some of the TV shows I get with Prime. Amazon works
for me.

I'm happy for you Ed. I bought a computer for my wife this month.
Basically DOA. Went to Best Buy as they service that brand. It was
free. Two visits and still a nightmare. The HDD drive image must be
corrupted. No love. Went and bought the wife another locally. Bang.
Up, running Win 10 in a few minutes and she is happy. Trying to
return the first one has been a fit when dealing with folks that can't
speak English (my brides first experience). The box ships out in the
next day or so with the RMA#.

I've always built my own computers before.

That's no guarantee. I had a mobo that wouldn't commicate with the
floppy drive. Added an i/o board but didn't like it that I had to do
that.