Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default white

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 14:20:08 +0000, DerbyBorn wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:

In article ,
tim... wrote:
white became fashionable because it was the only colour that they
didn't charge extra for

I've not known any car in recent times with no choice of colours. And
white paint is no cheaper than most plain colours.

It is all down to scheduling. If you want a colour and a particular spec
then you will have to wait for it.Dealers will forward order what they
think will sell. If they haven't got one on order, then it becomes a
special order and you will have to wait and pay list price probably as
you have put two fingers up at their advanced ordering!

I did well out of my last order. Ordered a very specific configuration in
July. Got a very good trade-in (checked it independently) and discount.

It was delivered in December (three months delayed) and they kept to the
original trade-in. And I had more equity in the old car.