Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chainsaw

On Tuesday, 21 March 2017 08:24:31 UTC, wrote:
Hi all

I have a pile of logs/ slices of tree trunk in the garden which i have no use for other than to chop up and use for outdoor heating.

This is going to be a one off event so thought i would hire a chainsaw but these seem to be very expensive for even a day (circa £70). I was then going to buy one on eBay which needed a service but when i asked the seller about whether it run (as i have never used one before) he said it run but would need some tweaking to work properly and therefore was not suited for an inexperienced person.

I had assumed that provided it run, all would be well but this reply would imply otherwise and that i should be careful buying a used one if i don't know how to set it up - i guess it could be dangerous?

So... Now looking at a new electric one from Lidl £50.

Anyone have any experience in this? Should i be afraid to buy an eBay one? Anyone any experience with the Lidl one?

Thanks in advance

Lee.

Screwfix or Toolstation had a £35 one last time I looked. As said, chainsaws are dangerous tools and you _must_ know what the musts and nevers are.

NT