Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default white

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Chris Hogg
wrote:

*wash basins and toilets would be glazed and fired at about 1200°C,
steel baths were enamelled and fired at say 900°C, while GRP baths
were cold-formed, all requiring different pigment compositions.

Reminds me of the furnace we wandered up to in the Azores (no Elfin
Safety there), firing up china at 1200C. We saw them prepping stuff for
firing - pink pigment that became blue afterwards.

reminds me of the old shanks factory in Barrhead where there were thousands
of white balls about 9 inch diameter lying about I assumed they were test
items for the furnace...anybody know different ? ....