Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hopalong Hirschowitz Hopalong Hirschowitz is offline

Default Work Clothes

On 3/21/2017 8:34 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 11:11:38 AM UTC-4, wrote:

I think the one behaving like an idiot here is you, Dan.

I believe you do think that. But I just regard that as proof that you are acting as an idiot.

You are really down to the playground level, dannie.

Of course you do. You identify with something about him, or you wouldn't defend such an insulting, chronic liar. It's not possible that you think he is just pulling people's legs -- unless, as I said earlier, that you read selectively and ignore the reprehensible pattern of "brag and lie" that he uses as a way to put others down to his level.

Another attempt to characterize me. But you are wrong.

I think he's right.

] am just not emotionally involved.

If you weren't, you wouldn't be involved in this thread.

By not emotionally involved , I mean attempted attacks on me do not bother me. My blood pressure does not go up. And I find the responses entertaining.

In Gunner I see someone that does not always tell the truth. You see this as a lying slandering jerk, while I see it as someone poking people with the verbal equivalent of a sharp stick.

Lies are not "poking." Lies are lies. When they're employed to insult or abuse someone else, they take on a special character.

So you say, but that does not make it true.

It isn't true because he says it - rather, he says it because it's true.
You seem to have a big problem with the direction of causation.

I do not understand why people get worked up over Gunner.

Because he uses them to insult and belittle others. You certainly seem to be worked up, or you wouldn't be engaging the subject in your rather long list of posts.

Sorry but I am not really worked up.

Nonsense.

He is what he is, and there is not much that I can do about it. And alsoLoading not much that you can do about it. So I just accept it and you get worked up over it. There are lots better things to get emotional about.

Dan

You aren't the subject of his insults. I don't accept them.

Bully for you.

Either you can't see what's going on, or that's your tribe.

I can see what is going on. Gunner is poking you and you are getting upset.Loading

Then you don't see what's going on.

See above.

We have. It's tribalism *and* willful blindness on your part.