Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default white

In article 6,
DerbyBorn wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:

In article ,
tim... wrote:
white became fashionable because it was the only colour that they
didn't charge extra for

I've not known any car in recent times with no choice of colours. And
white paint is no cheaper than most plain colours.

It is all down to scheduling. If you want a colour and a particular spec
then you will have to wait for it.Dealers will forward order what they
think will sell. If they haven't got one on order, then it becomes a
special order and you will have to wait and pay list price probably as
you have put two fingers up at their advanced ordering!

I can quite see a dealer giving you extra discount on something in stock
he wants to shift. But that's not the same as not having a choice of
colours.

I've never bought a new car - but if I did, I'd want my first choice of
colour of both paint and trim, etc.
If you want to save money by taking anything new on offer, I'd prefer used
to my choice.

--
*I started out with nothing... and I still have most of it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.