Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Samsung S5 earphonr jack

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 12:02:39 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

the S5 female was bent out by the dealer. Is there an insert or DIY fix for too large females ?

I had the same problem on a media player. The earphone plug just
rattled around in the jack and was intermittent. It was a piece of
junk and not worth fixing, but I just couldn't throw it away. So, I
built a pigtail, with a male 3.5mm plug on one and a female 3.5mm
receptacle on the other. To increase the plug diameter, I just built
up the plug diameter by applying some solder to the plug. I also
reamed out the jack to a slightly larger hole size so the soldered
plug would fit. I'm not very proud of this jack but it was cheap,
easy, and worked long enough for me to find a better player.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558