Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default confessions of a small engine hitman

On 3/20/2017 7:02 AM, Dave in SoTex wrote:

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message

"Simple" solution is to buy the pre-mixed gasoline from the 2-cycle
companies. Made with ethanol free premium (92 octane). My Echo
equipment starts first time, every time using it. Can has a shelf life
of 24 (?) months once opened.

I think the solution might be more expensive than the repair. In the
Houston area the premix is between $5~$8 per "quart".

FYI, Gallons of pre-mix at Lowes is $20. That's the only fuel I put
in my 2-strokes.

Interesting. I have a 40 year old chain saw, and a 20 year old weed
wacker. For years I mixed regular gas and regular NON-detergent, 20
weight oil in the gas at I think 16-1 ratio. The mixture would sit for
YEARS before being used up, and never had a problem. The last thing I
would do is pay $5-$8 a quart for pre mixed gas? $25 for $3 worth of
gas... Makes no sense to me. It is a good idea go heavy on the oil. I
think I went a bit overboard but all that does is smoke a bit more.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com