Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Caroline Says Caroline Says is offline

Default Work Clothes

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 17:04:27 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I am not optimistic about getting RCM back to being mostly on topic posts.

A conclusion I came to about a decade ago when folks like you were
happy to read death threats right here so long as they were against
"dems."

But did think that ridicule might have some effect.

Nope. Making fun of you encourages you, obviously.

I figure that people make off topic posts to get some feeling of importance.

Nope, you're not doing any figuring, just pointless posturing. Writing
off topic drivel complaining about off topic posts that you can't help
reading and responding to.

Pointing out how silly they look can't hurt.

Your opinion of your own posts is worth what readers paid for it.

I'll ask you a very easy question that you won't answer, but you might
write a paragraph, or multiple posts, dodging.

You just finished reading (don't pretend you didn't) one guy claim he
owned a bunch of property. Two others posted irrefutable proof it was
an incompetent lie. Do you still believe the lie? If you were to say,
then maybe the liar wouldn't keep lying, and you'd read fewer posts
ridiculing the lying.

Now I'll explain WHY you don't admit that your friend is lying. 1.
Because you're perfectly fine with lying, so long as the liar is from
your tribe. And there is the explanation for Trump's success. 2.
Because you like watching a good train wreck, and won't lift a
rhetorical finger to minimize the carnage.