Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default How much current flows through pylons?

I've seen a pylon with heavy snow on the wires. The phases got close enough to arc.

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 10:20:52 -0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

The actual answer of course is none it goes through the wires, but that
would be being pedantic.
Of course if like me you stood near a pylon when it was struck by
lightening you would see how well built they are!
Brian

--
If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me? -- Monty Python, Episode 25