Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default How much current flows through pylons?

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 20:56:45 +0000, wrote:

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 20:12:19 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

expressed precisely :
Wonder if H Bloomfield did a typo and meant 33Kv which is used
frequently .

No, I meant 3.3Kv or 3Kv3.

Well that is a voltage I don't remember seeing anywhere.I'm off down
the local in minute where a the missus gets gardening tips from a
bloke who is always winning growing competitions often calls in.,He is
also a retired Linesman for what was Southern Electric, I'll ask him
if he knew of it any area.

Well I asked him and and he said that he never came across any 3.3Kv.
A reasonable amount of 6.6Kv on older installations in the Portsmouth
, Southampton and Bournemouth areas that dated back to when the power
stations belonged to the local authorities but under the electricity
board it was 33Kv and 11Kv as the distribution voltages.

G.Harman