Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How much current flows through pylons?

On 19/03/17 20:08, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
NY has brought this to us :
Ah, I wasn't aware that there was an intermediate distribution voltage
between 11kV and 240V. Are most power lines on pairs of wooden poles
with big glass insulators and pole-mounted transformers 3.3 rather
than 11 kV?

On wooden poles, I would suggest yes..

No.
33KV is wooden pole stuff as is 11KV and the odd 240V

132kV is where the lattice towers start

all women"