Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default How to cook a STEAK!

On 03/19/2017 12:15 PM, wrote:
I am old enough to remember when fish was the cheap meat. Now it is
the expensive one. I still like a nice piece of fish tho. Mahi on the
grill is great. Be sure it is thawed and near room temp, Sear it on
both sides at high heat and let it rest a few minutes, It will be
cooked, juicy and tasty.

I grew up in an area that was heavily Catholic in the days when fish on
Friday was the usual answer to meatless days. As you say, fish was cheap
and plentiful and there was even a market in town that was strictly for
fish. The restaurants had great fish specials too.

Also the fish on offer was cod, halibut, haddock, flounder, and so
forth, not species I've never heard of.