Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kujans0@gmail.com is offline

Default Bridgeport Mill Making Knocking Or Clicking Noise

On Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 12:51:08 AM UTC-4, wrote:
A friend of mine has a Bridgeport knee mill making a loud clicking or knocking sound in the head. I could not find any obvious reason. So I sorta just said sorry man I can't find anything. Well about 2 weeks later Karma I guess, I have a large Jet knee mill 3 phase started doing the exact same thing.So I am telling myself the same thing, (sorry man can't find anything ). Has anybody got info as to a guess what it is ? I am not a machinist just a hobbiest. Thanks for any input you might offer.

It is not a Varispeed.