Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default quick release nuts, aka "spring nuts" - lookinfg for sources

"Jim Wilkins" on Sat, 18 Mar 2017 07:38:42
"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
news
"Jim Wilkins" on Fri, 17 Mar 2017 08:02:52
I made over a dozen 3/4"-10 jackscrews with swivelling feet on the
bottom and 9/16" hex heads milled on the top to level my sawmill.

It might have been easier with a new tap instead of an old one I
resharpened by hand.

Well, yeah. But where's the fun in that?

I can set up my surface grinder to sharpen taps between centers and
did later. This noncritical job was a chance to see how well quickly
grinding the cutting edge side of the grooves with a Dremel would
work. A fairly long cylindrical stone worked better because a short
one tended to round over the cutting edge. The longer one held at an
angle was still guided by its end in the groove.

See, like I said - you had an interesting learning experience.

--
pyotr filipivich